Your daily briefing on what’s going on with Alabama athletics, and how to watch the Crimson Tide.
Today is …
International Literacy Day
BamaCentral Headlines• To Alabama RB Trey Sanders, a Picture is Worth 1,000 Words
• Alabama Mastering Second Chances With Henry To’oTo’o, Jameson Williams via Transfer Portal
• At Alabama, Wide Receiver Jameson Williams Already Part of the Family
• H2 For You: Lane Kiffin Looks like ‘The One’ Among Former Saban Assistants
• Photos and Video from Alabama Football’s Second Practice of Mercer Week
• The Extra Point: Former Alabama Safety Eddie Jackson a Player to Watch This Season
• Alabama Tightens Hold Atop Top 25 Rankings, Closes in on Unanimous No. 1
• Bryce Young, Will Reichard Win SEC Players of the Week Honors
• Alabama Basketball Guard Nimari Burnett Suffers Knee Injury
• Inspirational Running Back Sam Cunningham Dies at 71
• Justin Thomas is the BamaCentral Crimson Tide Pro Athlete of the Week
• Crimson Tikes: The Artist Formally Known as Li’L Al
Today’s Crimson Tide ScheduleNo games scheduled
Crimson Tide ResultsVolleyball: Kennesaw State def. Alabama 25-21, 25-21, 25-23
Did You Notice?• The Tennessee Titans freed up more than $11 million in salary cap space by restructuring the contract of wide receiver Julio Jones. The former Alabama standout gets $14 million this year as a signing bonus and two voidable years (2024-25) to the end of the deal. Meanwhile, his salary-cap number dropped from $15.3 million to $4.1 million.
• Alabama volleyball player Dru Kuck Earns Second Straight SEC Volleyball Defensive Player of the Week Award
• Justin Thomas gave everyone a progress report on his 2020-21 goals:
• Broncos are reportedly signing CB Saivion Smith back to the practice squad after Mac McCain III was signed away by the Eagles.
Crimson Tide Trivia ChallengeThis will be the fourth meeting between Mercer and Alabama, dating back to 1939. How many points has Mercer scored in the series?
The first person to post the correct answer on our message board, specifically in the Trivia! forum, will earn points toward winning a prize. Must be registered to post.
On This Date in Crimson Tide History:September 8, 1979: Alabama began its defense of the national championship with a 30-6 trouncing of Pepper Rodgers’ Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at Grant Field in Atlanta. Defensive end E.J. Junior sparked the win with an interception for a touchdown while quarterback Steadman Shealy was nearly flawless in moving the wishbone attack. – Bryant Museum
September 8, 2008: Running back Glen Coffee appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated following Alabama’s impressive win over Clemson.
Crimson Tide Quote of the Day:“What matters … is not the size of the dog in the fight, but of the fight in the dog.” – Paul W. “Bear” Bryant
We’ll leave you with this …