The PS5 is a part of the ninth generation of video game consoles. It was launched in November 2020 by Sony Interactive Entertainment and runs on a solid-state drive customized for high-speed data streaming.
Sony offers two variants of controllers for the PS5, the standard DualSense Controller and DualSense Edge Controller. The PS5 DualSense Edge Controller’s battery life is less than that of the standard product.
In this article, we will look at how to check and save the battery life of the PS5 controller.
How long does a PS5 controller battery last?
The battery life of the PS5 controller can range from 12 to 15 hours, depending on the usage. It is easy to get carried away while playing best esports games on a top-notch gaming console. Some games consume more battery life than others. However, there are a few steps that you can follow to improve the health of your controller.
Why does my PS5 controller run out of battery so fast?
There are three basic reasons that affect the performance of the PS5 controller.
- Overcharging: The PS5 controller should be charged optimally or as per the requirement of the gamer. Overcharging the controller might ruin its battery life.
- Battery-consuming games: If a game uses all the controls of the PS5 controller and vibrational controls, then it is certain that the PS5 controller battery will be drained early.
- Not disconnecting properly: It is important to ensure that the PS5 controller is disconnected after use. If you fail to turn off the controller when not in use, then it will still keep on consuming its battery.
Read Also: Best Nintendo Switch Controllers
How to stop the PS5 controller battery from discharging quickly?
There are a few basic steps to prevent the PS5 controller battery from having a short battery life.
- Update DualSense: Make sure that the DualSense of your PS5 is up to date.
- Dim the light bar: To adjust the light bar, choose the ‘brightness of controllers indicators’ and adjust the brightness
- Disable adaptive triggers and vibrations
- Don’t overcharge the controller
- Use the enable switch off option
- Turn off the speakers for the controller
How to check the PS5 controller battery life?
You can use the following steps to check the battery life of your PS5 controller.
- Press the ‘PS’ button on the controller
- Open the control center
- Click on the ‘view battery life’ option
- Go to the accessories folder
- You will be able to see the PS5 controller battery life bar
How to check the PS5 controller battery life on a PC?
You can alternatively check the battery life of your PS5 controller on a PC. Make sure you use the DS4Windows application for better performance. A lot of gamers connect their PS5 to the PC in a bid to extend the battery life. Here are a few steps:
- Connect PC to PS5 controller: Use either a USB-A or USB Type-C cable to connect
- Launch the DS4Windows app on your PC
- Check PS5 controller battery life: Click on the controller tab to check the remaining PS5 battery life percentage.
Read Also: How to Connect a PlayStation 5 Controller to a PC